Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter baskets....check!

I'm a list maker, even if it's just a list that I'm keeping track of it in my head....the list exists!  I like to have a plan, and I like to be able to check things off of that list.  It gives me a feeling of accomplishment or at the very least some idea that SOMETHING is getting done!

Easter crept up on me this year, and I've become all but consumed with the idea that I'd done NOTHING to prepare.  Granted I still have a little bit of time before it's actually Easter Sunday, but still NOTHING!?!?! Pathetic.

So, yesterday I hauled myself to the store and took care of Easter baskets.  It is VERY easy to get carried away and spend oodles of money at Easter buying loads of things that my kids don't need, or particularly want for that matter.  I tried to be practical on what I purchased as we're going on vacation in a few months, and summer is just around the corner.  I racked my brain thinking about what I could fill their baskets with that they could actually use.

J, M and L are all getting swimming themed baskets.  Two birds.....one stone, right?  Swim trunks, towels, flip flops and pool toys.  I figured they all need stuff to go swimming both at home and when we go on vacation.  Why go to the expense of filling their Easter baskets with expensive junk cheap toys things they don't really need.  I'll fill them with swimming things, they'll be thrilled and I've just filled two needs!  Plus J and M are getting candy too....I mean what's Easter without candy?

Easter....check!
Summer preparedness....check!

No comments:

Post a Comment