Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tumbling Tuesday.....

It's been a long time since I've posted anything.  That's not to say that there hasn't been anything going on, it's more that things happened, I got busy then it seemed like I was too far removed from the thing that happened so I went on with my life.  Now, I'm overloaded with many things in my head and need to dump some of what's bouncing around so I can free up some coveted real estate in there!  This seems like a FINE place to do just that!

I continue to feel like even through I'm running on all cylinders from 5:30am to 8:30pm every night, I'm failing miserably as a parent.  J (aka oldest) never has homework, he's very smart and never has to study which is great but I don't want him thinking that schoolwork will always come this easy for him. M (aka middle) needs to hone his reading skills, when is there time for that?  I'm sure his teacher thinks we are just awful parents that have taken no interest at all in our child's education.  L (aka youngest) gets nearly all of my attention.  He's a baby, and he screams the loudest.  God made mommies so that they would tend to their babies needs....I cannot just let that baby cry!

Easter is two weeks away....WHAT!?!?!  How did that Happen?  I'm usually ahead of the game and have bought Easter stuff and MAYBE even started thinking about filling the eggs.  I've not even bought a single piece of candy yet.  How did it sneak up on me so fast?

I've got to start thinking about what on earth I'm going to put in Easter baskets for my kiddos!  J knows the deal, M sort of believes (this may be his last year) and L hasn't a clue what's happening, he's more concerned with who will be giving him his next bottle. 

I have two Easter activities that I do with my kids every year (a Christian Easter egg hunt and making Resurrection cookies). Neither activity is difficult, but I do need to do a little prep beforehand.

We're in the design phase of putting together a family vacation.  The logistics of planning a trip that will keep an 11 year old, a 6 year old and an 8 month entertained or at least content is somewhat of an undertaking.

We have turned to bribing J and M with money for vacation.  They're each starting with $50.  Money can be earned and money can be lost.  If they are asked to do something more than once they lose money.  If they do something without having to be asked, they earn money.  So far they've both earned extra money, but there's more than two months until vacation I'm a little fearful.

My house has taken on a life of its own, and not in a good way!  I got mostly caught up on laundry this past weekend, but there are still two baskets that need to be folded and put away.  The kitchen is in a non-stop state of needing tidying, the bathrooms are.....never mind about the bathrooms, my room looks like 5 people LIVE in there.  What is happening??

I've got to get a cleaning schedule that I can actually stick to!

OK, now that I've gotten all of that all of my chest I can move on.....maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment