Monday, April 22, 2013

A little of this and a little of that........

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we took our trailer out for our maiden camping trip (of this year anyway...).   It's always a good idea to give it a trial run to get all of the kinks worked out and to discover what you're missing, what needs to be restocked, etc....
While that camping trip was HUGELY successful (at 7 months old L was a total dream), there were a few things that were missing or that we were low on and need to be replaced.
Saturday we brought our trailer back to our house cleaned it out, and took stock.  Literally made a list of things we need to make sure our camping trips go as smoothly as possible.  The trailer is 28 feet long, so it gets attention sitting on the street in front of the house.  Lots of neighbors stroll by to see what's happening.  Thankfully, we only had it there for a few hours not long enough for someone to get to upset by the ghastly scene of a trailer on the street and get the HOA involved!  I mean the nerve!!  HA!
After that, we got together with my Dad's side of the family for about an hour or so.  We rarely see them (in fact none of them had even met L before), so it was nice to reconnect for a little while.  I'm pleased to say that all three of my boys were very well behaved.
We made our way back home, puttered around and tried our hands at laundering the linens that belong in the trailer.  We were unsuccessful in really accomplishing much of anything the rest of the evening. 
I did however make it to Aldi to do my 'BIG' grocery shopping.  Since I've taken a big interest in seeing where we can cut back, I thought I'd see what Aldi has to offer. I was very surprised!  I can't say that I'm 100% sold, and I can't say that I can shop only at Aldi but I was able to do the bulk of my shopping there and I spent significantly less (like less than half) than what I normally spend.  I think I had 9 things left on my list.....not bad!
Sunday was a chores day too.  I helped M clean and organize his room.  WHAT has been happening in that boy's room?  I took out all of the clothes that he's out grown, I swear he's grown a foot since the beginning of the school year!  Washed bed linens and did other bits of laundry. 
We scoped out some new camping spots that are close to home. I went back to the store to pick up my remaining 9 things on my grocery list as well as the items we'd put on our camping list.  I spent more than I wanted to, but I think we're good as far as supplies go for the camper.  It should only need minimal restocking the rest of the season. 
I was busy from the time I got up until the time I went to bed Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  How come my house looked like a tornado hit it when I left this morning?  Something about that doesn't seem right!

No comments:

Post a Comment